Monday, August 27, 2012

#86

"'Going to the doctor, feel terrible, get back to you soon.' That was the whole text, and he's just ignored my calls since then."

It was five past six in the morning, and Michelle was sitting in a row of seats near an American Airlines gate at JFK. The text was from Jason, whom she'd expected to meet her there. She'd received it on the subway. She had never heard Dave so furious, though he seemed to be trying hard to keep his anger in check.

"Ok, thanks for calling me, Michelle," he said. "This is not good at all. I'll try to reach him myself."

"Well, should I still go?"

"Absolutely, absolutely, do just like you would if Jason were there. We'll get him there, and if we can't, we'll get somebody there. A freelancer if we have to."


No comments:

Post a Comment