Monday, September 24, 2012

#106

It was nearly midnight, and as much as Aggie wanted to continue visiting with Dave and Pierce at the hotel bar, exhaustion from worrying in a jail cell all day overtook her. Brady seemed uncomfortable and would probably retire upstairs, too. She wasn't sure she wanted to see him alone just then, but she couldn't stay there any longer.

"I hate to do this, but I've really got to get some sleep..."

"Please, go to bed," Pierce said, waving her on. "You've earned it!"

"Oh, I haven't earned anything. I've been a burden to you..."

This time Dave interrupted. He seemed annoyed, but his words told a different story. "Aggie, you haven't done anything that I'm not extremely proud of. You think Jason would've gone to that jail to interview those guys? You were after a real story; you don't just phone **** in. Now get your *** to bed; tomorrow I'm treating us all to the best breakfast San Salvador has to offer."


No comments:

Post a Comment