Tuesday, September 18, 2012

#102

Still smiling under his mustache, he said, "We have decided to not, ah, press charges," a phrase he seemed to have only just heard, "since the, ah, informant was not a reliable source." With a glance at Pierce and Dave, he unlocked the cell and slid the door open. "You are free to go." Then he added, "I was going to let you go anyway, I know you not do it, amigos, but I had to know for sure. Following proper rules, you understand?"

Aggie nearly knocked him over as she burst out of the cell and threw her arms around Dave. "I knew you'd do it! You can do anything. Thank you, thank you."

Dave seemed surprised by this outburst, but he maintained his cool. "Well, if it'd been anyone else, I'da just let 'em rot, but since it's you..."

Brady felt awkward and wasn't sure whether to try a handshake or a pat on the back while Aggie sustained her hug. Instead he put his hands on his hips and said, "Man, Dave, thanks a lot. I thought we'd found a new home here."

Dave seemed not to hear him. "Let's get some fresh air, huh?"


No comments:

Post a Comment