Thursday, August 9, 2012

#74

Michelle took her time walking from the subway station to the restaurant. The sidewalk was slick in some spots, and she liked making Andy wait a little bit anyway.

When she came through the door, Andy felt proud to be dating her. Her wavy, black hair was done up in a ponytail, and her brown skin was flawless and needed no makeup. She could easily be on TV, and when people looked her direction he wondered if they mistook her for a celebrity.

"Hey," he said, "what've you been doin'?"

"Nothin'." She smiled at him and sat down. "You look nice."

"Thanks. I went ahead and ordered some tea for ya."

"Cool. How was church?"

"Pretty good. Wish you'd been there. I still get ladies tryin' to set me up with somebody, and I don't think they believe me when I tell 'em I'm seein' someone. Some people prob'ly think I like dudes."

"Sorry. The sweater vest probably doesn't help with that."


No comments:

Post a Comment