Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#48

Emily sang along with the radio while gazing at the ocean from the passenger seat of Paul's Audi as they drove along Interstate 95 toward Stamford.

"We're so lucky," she said as the station went to a commercial.

"How do you mean?"

"Well, we have a car; we can just leave whenever. Most of my friends would have to take a bus out of town."

Paul just smiled, his thoughts hidden behind his sunglasses.

"Ok, I'm so lucky," she corrected herself. "I'm dating a CFO, with lots of money, who happens to the the best boyfriend ever!" She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. "When are you gonna tell me where we're going?"

"You'll know when we get there."

"Poop head."

"You packed your swimsuit, right?"

"You only reminded me twelve times."

He made room for a comedic beat and asked, "So, you forgot it?" She stuck out her tongue and sang the last chorus again, though the song was long over.

No comments:

Post a Comment