Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#38

Heather joined Brian and Paul at the pool table, and Brian took the opportunity to ask her about something that had been nagging him.

"Hey, did Jason say why he left? That was weird."

"He said he had to check on a friend. I was hoping he'd come back eventually."

"Hmm." He leaned over to take a shot. "Ya know, I consider Jason a friend, but he's kind of a nutbag, and now that you're my friend too, I..." He paused to find the right wording as he adjusted his glasses and aimed carefully.

"You think he ditched me?" She was chalking a cue for no reason in particular.

He made a successful shot and looked her in the eye. "If he did, it's probably because he has a girlfriend."

She looked at him and raised her eyebrows. "Oh." She leaned back against the table and ran her fingers through her short, dark hair and then shrugged. "Well, if I met him just so I could meet you guys, then whatever." She took a swig from her beer bottle. "Ain't no thang." 


No comments:

Post a Comment